One of my favorite ways to source for Software Developers is in the “authors” files.
Software code repositories often have text-formatted “authors” files which list contributors, usually along with their contact email addresses.
Here are some Boolean Strings that find lists of code authors.
Search on github.com:
- inurl:authors site:github.com PHP (looking for a programming language)
- inurl:authors site:github.com django (looking for a specific technology)
- inurl:authors site:github.com “redhat.com” (looking for Developers from a given company)
Search on other sites:
- inurl:authors site:gitlab.com
- inurl:authors site:fossies.org
- inurl:authors site:bitbucket.org
- inurl:authors site:sourceforge.net/p
- inurl:authors site:googlesource.com
Are you well-versed in sourcing basics and interested in learning more sourcing hacks? Join me for a repeat of the previously sold-out webinar Sourcing Hacks, coming up on Wednesday, August 8th. In the presentation, I will cover twenty hacks that you can add to your Sourcing Toolkit. (See the webinar description for more detail). Seating is limited, and the class is already filling out – sign up now!